BIG DAY OUT
Special focus Tour of the Americans DDay landings
Your guide Military Historian & ex Australian Army Royal Australian Engineers Matt Williamson; has a wealth of local knowledge of the DDay landings & Battle for Normandy. Matt is an engaging guide and has a great sense of humour. Seeing the DDay sights with Matt brings the history alive.
Departing L'Hotel de Hercé we drive into Normandy
- Dead Man’s Corner (Germans in Normandy) Museum & WW2 shop
- DDay Experience Museum; American 101st Airborne museum + DDay Experience become a member of the 101st Airborne Division. First your prefight briefing, then climb on board for a dramatic simulated WW2 flight into German occupied Normandy; amazing for young and old. The Band of Brother film sequence flying into France was filmed inside this plane!!!
- Carentan we walk into central historic square of Carentan, to see the location of critical battle to unite the Allied Beaches' invasion forces and secure the Normandy coast. Visit a WW2 re-enactors shop for everything you can imagine a DDay solider needs.
- Lunch Carentan at the 101st Airborne Cafe
- Utah Beach Museum, Memorial and beach.
- Point du Hoc Museum, Memorial to Rangers & open-air coastal landscape museum. - Explore the massive concrete German bunker defences, climb inside and see the German gunners’ birds eye view of the coast. The massive craters from the Allied Navy bombardment, scar the landscape in an astounding way.
Please note 2 hour drive each way to cover all sights.
As one of our guests said to us, "it was well worth the trip".