BIG DAY OUT
Taste of the Loire
Chateau + stunning scenery,
medieval to Louis XVI
An early departure from L'Hotel de Hercé, as we drive 2 hours into the heart of the Loire Valley.
- We arrive via the Loire Scenic Drive to take in the majesty of the stunning river
- Saumur Arrive at river front of Medieval Saumur short walking tour of old town
- National Cavalry School Museum Wonderful collection of National French Cavalry Military History
- National Cavalry School 18thc Parade Grounds stunning vast expanse of 18thc Parade grounds surrounded by the original School Stables and Buildings
- Traditional Brasserie lunch; 1-hour break
- Chateau Saumur Museum, Calavery Museum, Chateau Guide 30 min introduction to the history of the Chateau
- Explore the Chateau via the Decorative Arts Museum
- Musée de Blindés Tank Museum or
- Louis de Grenelle wine caves - Tasting & Guided Tour of the Loire Valley sparkling wine
- Historic town centre visit to artisian Chocolatier shop followed by outdoor afternoon tea break in historic town square.
Single suppliment of €40 is applicable to this tour due to the driving time.
Day Tour Taste of the Loire Valley
Stunning medieval & 18thc city