We frequently are asked by guests, to tour Bayeux & the famous UNESCO Bayeux Tapestry Museum.
This unique experience will be just the begining of stunning day touring of 2,000 years of life this Normandy historic town. You choose can choose to the top sights, 3 museums, the 12c Hight Gothic Cathedral & stroll in the old town centre. Or we can tailor the visit for your interests for a more indepth view of a particular site, museum or shopping experience.
Available for you are
- La Tapisserie de Bayeux - Medieval History
- Musée Art ét d'Histtorie Baron Gerard - Bronze age to Modern Life in Bayeaux
- Musée Bataille de Normandy - WW2
- La Cathérdal Notre Dame de Bayeux & crypt, built 1230-70 High Gothic medieva
Suggested Tour, an 8 am departure for our scenic drive into Normandy.
- On arrival we will walk into the heart of medieval Bayeux to the tapestry Museum, located in an18thc monastery.
- After the Tapestry we have the option to visit furter in this musem with evolving exhibitions on the history of the tapestry and great Museum shop on departure.
- Lunch in one of the lovey Bayeux Restaurants. We can recommend a special Michelin Star restaurant ( Reservations in advance required) or a chic Parisian style tea Rooms for a more casual lunch.
- After lunch we walk to c.1140 Bayeux Cathedral for visit, see the Romanesque Crypt with surviving rare wall frescos. The Cathedral was built by Bishop Odo half brother of William the Conquer.
- Museé of Art and History Baron Gerard or WW2 Battle of Normandy museum.
This is a lovey relaxing day, one we always enjoy and well worth trip.
A Single Supliment fee of €40 is applicable for this tour due to driving time
3 Musée des Bayeux
Depart from L'Hotel de Herce, return travel in private car, museum entry & Guide a qualified Archaeologist & Medieval Historian Vanessa Williamson. Lunch is not included in tour price. Maxium of 6 guests.